Today I so enjoyed chatting with Dr. Erica Zelfand. She is a family physician specializing in integrative and functional medicine. After graduating from medical school, completing a midwifery apprenticeship, and finishing a family practice residency, she then completed four additional years of post-doctoral training in pediatrics under the tutelage of Paul Thomas, MD, the author of the acclaimed book The Vaccine-Friendly Plan. She sees patients of all ages in her family practice in Portland, Oregon, and is deeply committed to a patient-centered, root-cause-oriented, nature-honoring approach to healing.
In her episode we talk about:
- The benefits of having a family physician
- Postpartum Fatigue, why, how and what to do
- How the plethora of options makes it harder for new moms
- The benefit of starting pregnancy in a non-depleted state
- Anemia is common after childbirth
- Ferritin Test, CBCs and other important postpartum testing
- How to best get your iron levels up
- Our constant state of stress and how social media affects it
- Emphasis on Blood Sugar Levels
- Herbs for the 4th Trimester and adrenal fatigue: rhodiola, ashwaganda, schizandra, licorice and B Vitamins
- Hypothyroidism and Hashimotos
- The importance of a mindfulness practice
- Explanations of thyroid testing and what you need to check for imbalances
- Simplicity Parenting
- And More!
Learn more about Erica's work and practice here.
This episode is sponsored by audible.com. Audible makes it easy to listen to all of your favorite books. They are offering listeners of this podcast a FREE audiobook and 30 day trial. Go to audibletrial.com/PostpartumPodcast to get your free book now.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!